GS-3-4-5 Daylight 4-8-4 | Deposit $500.
As promised at the 2018 Chicago March Meet, where we announced the project, our GS-4 Pilot sample was displayed at the 2019 Chicago March Meet.
Page updated March 25th 2019
This project goes into full production March next year once we have made our corrections and built a painted production sample.
If you want to see our throughput of projects, then please look at our U.K. website. Click here
To keep updated on this project please see the "latest news" section of this website.
Pilot sample at our exclusive builder in S.Korea
Southern Pacific Lines 4-8-4 Daylight GS-4 #4430~4457 & GS-5 #4458/59
GS-3 #4416~4429 if sufficient interest is shown
In full daylight livery and later in black with side skirting removed from the early 1950's. We will include the GS-5 4458 & 4459. These two had roller bearings 4458 with Timken and 4459 with SKF bearings. And GS3 depending on demand.
DCC Sound factory fitted using ESU Loksound XL decoders.
(All of my UK models are fitted this way)
The pilot sample was shown at the Chicago March Meet 2019 as promised.
Our reservation deposit is $500 followed by two interim payments of $800, the final payment being due just before delivery. The first interim payment will be requested when we have produced the brass pilot sample and the second will be when we go into full production. These will be featured on the website before any payments are requested.
Payment can be made through the website using Paypal or Credit Card.
About the project
Already well established importers of accurate and finely detailed models in Europe, we at Lee Marsh Model Company have decided to extend our product line to include the American market as well. Our models incorporate the very latest state of the art techniques to produce highly detailed and accurate representations of popular locomotives. The
advancement in 3D drawing, printing, casting and tooling has facilitated vast improvements in detail and realism compared with models previously produced. Our aim is simple: to produce the finest quality models possible as we push the limits of ‘O’ scale modelling to new heights.
For our first foray into American steam, a true icon has been chosen: the GS class Daylight. This is a locomotive that exudes raw power combined with highly distinctive styling. Used not only on the SP Daylight train but also on high speed overnight ghost trains, these are truly maids of all work.
Here at Lee Marsh Model Company, we are passionate about the models produced and have our very own builder, SMT of South Korea, who manufactures exclusively for us.
This allows total quality control together with very strict adherence to agreed productionschedules.
The models will be in full Daylight livery and in the later black finish with the side skirtings removed, as seen from the early 1950’s. We will also include the GS-5 4458 & 4459 which had roller bearings; 4458 with Timken and 4459 with SKF bearings. Depending on
demand, the GS-3 will be produced in ‘as built’ condition complete with side skirts.
Frame detail behind the wheels!
Tender truck and under frame detail. The holes are for one of the speakers. The other is in the locomotive.
GS-4 #4445 Skirting removed. version 3
GS-5 #4459. version 4
GS-5 #4458. version 5
GS-4 #4449 as preserved with auxiliary tender. version 6A
GS-3 #4424 version 7
Product Ordering details
Version 1. GS-4 4430~4457 as built condition. Skirts and tenders with small lettering (1937 spec)
Version 2. GS-4 4430~4457 post war condition, with skirts and large lettering on tenders (1946 spec)
Version 3. GS-4 4430~4447 with skirts removed and large lettering on the tenders (1946 spec)
Version 4. GS-5 4458-4459 as built with skirts and small lettering on the tenders (1937 spec)
Version 5. GS-5 4458-4459 post war with skirts removed and large lettering on the tenders (1946 spec)
- Version 6 GS-4 4449 without Aux tender
Version 6A. GS-4 4449 as preserved with auxiliary tender at extra cost
Version 7 GS-3 4416~4429 with side skirts and small lettering
- Carefully researched and designed using original works drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- Hand made in brass with all construction carried out by our own builder SMT of South Korea, allowing the very best of quality control
- Baked cellulose painting for a hard wearing finish
- Fully detailed cab interior with brass and copper pipes. The cab fittings and pipes are not painted or plated
- High level of fine detail with variations covered such as return cranks etc
- Punched rivet detail
- Fully enclosed custom made CNC machined gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high quality coreless motors
- Ball bearings and springing to all axles
- Working reversing on the valve gear
- Copper wire used for pipe detail, not painted wire
- Inside frame detail
- Lamps and fire irons
- All models are factory fitted with DCC sound (using ESU decoders & Cliff Williams speakers) and can also be run on DC (no sound) by simple use of a blanking plug
- Auto coupler for loco to tender
- 6 foot minimum radius is required due to the high level of detail
- Limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- The DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery, if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings
Thanks go to Pat Tracy, Scot Inman, Bob Church, Jimmy Booth, CSRM, SPHTS.